3 Ways To Remove Oil Stains From Carpet
Carpets are prone to a number of accidents every day. They get easily stained and damaged due to dirt and spills. Cleaning the carpet is not an easy job. Some of the stains are worse to deal with. One of the worst types of stain that is difficult to clean is oil stain. Whether it is a grease stain or cooking oil stain, it must be removed immediately to avoid further damage to the carpet. In this blog, we are going to explain how to get rid of oil stains that are stubborn and difficult to remove.
Here, we enlist are some effective ways to get rid of oil stain from carpets. But before following these methods, blot the stain using a cloth or paper towel. Make sure you do not rub the oil into the carpet fibres; always blot the stain from outwards to inwards, towards the centre of the stain. This prevents spreading of the stain.
3 Ways to Remove Oil Stains from your Carpets Are:
- Baking Soda or Cornstarch- Both baking soda and cornstarch act as adsorbent. They have the ability to soak up moisture, especially oil. Sprinkle some baking soda or cornstarch liberally over the carpet. You can also use a brush or cloth to rub the baking soda or cornstarch onto the carpet. Allow it to set and vacuum it afterwards.
- Liquid Detergent- Squirt a few drops of liquid detergent on the carpet and rub it into the carpet using a brush. Pour some warm water on the stain and blot it immediately with a clean cloth or sponge. Keep on blotting until the detergent is removed and the carpet becomes relatively dry. After the carpet is dried completely, inspect it for any traces of the stain. Repeat the process if necessary.
- Rubbing Alcohol- Put a few drops of rubbing alcohol onto a clean cloth or paper towel. Press the cloth onto the stained carpet. Now, let the carpet dry. Repeat the process if necessary or if the stain is still visible. Make sure to remove the excess rubbing alcohol from the carpet. Rubbing alcohol acts as a solvent, it helps to dissolve the oil and separate from the fibres of the carpet.
Note: Always use rubbing alcohol in a well-ventilated area. Wash your hands thoroughly after using it.Tips: Blot dry as much of the oil stain as possible with a paper towel or cloth.
- Using a bathing towel to blot if the stain is too large.
- Consider repeating the above-mentioned steps whenever necessary or as per the size of the stain.
Hire Professional Carpet Cleaners
We at Ses Carpet Cleaning Melbourne offer all kinds of carpet cleaning services such as carpet steam cleaning, carpet dry cleaning, stain removal, mould removal, odour removal, sanitisation, and many more.
Our company is one of the most reliable and trusted agencies in town. We have a team of trained, certified, and licensed professionals. Our staff provides excellent services of carpet cleaning in Cranbourne at affordable prices. We use the latest tools and equipment for carpet cleaning.